This is the second edition of the atlas with 85 full-page color maps with biblical events marked on enhanced satellite imagery. Each map is accompanied by geographical and historical commentary.
Purchase of the Satellite Bible Atlas includes:
- Hardcover Atlas - Every other page is a full map in full color with commentary on the facing page explaining historical and geographical aspects of the biblical events. The base maps are from satellite photographs.
- Download access to all the maps in jpg electronic format.
- Access to other resources including:
Video commentary filmed on location in Israel explaining historical and geographical features of the Land of the Bible. See videos below.
- Fuller in-depth commentary to each map in the SBA.
- Study questions for each map in the atlas.
Summary of the Table of Contents
- Regional Geographical Maps
- The Patriarchs and Egyptian Relations with Canaan
- The Exodus and Conquest
- Israelite Settlement and Judges
- United Monarchy
- Divided Monarchy I
- Divided Monarchy II
- Persian, Hasmonean and Hellenistic Periods
- The Life of Christ
- The Acts of the Apostles and Jewish Revolts against Rome
- Modern Borders and Regional Schematic
About the Author
Bill Schlegel was an Associate Professor of Bible at The Master's College, Israel Bible Extension (IBEX), where he taught biblical history, geography and Hebrew.
Additional Informational Videos:
01 Introduction. Land of the Bible: Location and Land Bridge (5 min)
02 Land of the Bible: Basic Regions and Regional Variety (10 min)
03 Major Routes in the Land of the Bible (6 min)
04 Approaches to Jerusalem and the Benjamin Region, Maps 1-8 and 1-9 (12 min)
05 Southern Approaches to Jerusalem, Map 1-8 (10 min)
06 Jezreel Valley and Lower Galilee, Map 1-4 (14 min)
07 Shephelah of Judah, Maps 1-10, 1-11 (12 min)
08 Samaria, Map 1-7 (15 min)
09 Jerusalem Highway (Modern) in Judean Hill Country (6 min)
10 Sea of Galilee, Golan, Hulah Valley, Mt. Hermon, Map 1-5 (18 min)
11 The Road from Jericho to Jerusalem (11 min)
12 The Negev, Part 1, Maps 1-12, 1-13 (10 min)
13 The Negev, Part 2, Maps 1-12, 3-1, 3-2 (12 min)